Saturday, April 2, 2011

Welcome!

Welcome reader,
A few years ago I used to be in excruciation pain.  The doctors would probably have diagnosed it as fibromayalga or Crone's disease, or they would simply have said they don't know what's wrong.  Well, I turned it over to God and prayed that He would help me and over the years little by little, He has revealed what was wrong.  Food!  I am allergic to a large range of food.  Below is a list of what I know so far.

  • wheat
  • eggs
  • corn
  • oats
  • barley
  • rice
  • soy
  • tomatoes
  • potatoes
  • peppers (not Peppercorn)
  • blueberries
  • apples
  • artichokes
  • peaches
  • bananas
  • peanuts
  • cashews
  • canola oil
  • maltodextrin (which comes from potatoes)
  • ham
  • sesame seeds
  • okra
  • canteloupe
  • and SUGAR (cane sugar)
As you can see this is a very long list and the sugar I only discovered recently because I stopped eating it for a while because it causes low back instability and I was traveling a lot so my back was hurting but I tried sugar again in my tea and the reaction was as bad as if I'd eaten wheat.

So what can I eat?  well that list isn't as long but on a daily basis I eat:
  • buckwheat (my new staple food because it is not actually a grain)
  • red meat
  • chicken
  • fish
  • onions
  • asparagus
  • cauliflower
  • HONEY!!!!
  • olive oil
  • garlic
  • salt
  • pepper
Finding already packaged food has become quite a challenge so I have resorted to baking most of my own food.  As a result, I'm creating this blog to share the random recipes that I find and come up with that might help someone in the same situation as me.  So welcome and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment