Saturday, April 2, 2011

Buckwheat crackers

Hello readers,

The most common thing that I make for meals is Buckwheat crackers.  They are super simple and delicious.  You will need the following ingredients:
  • 1 c. buckwheat (if you can only purchase the groats use a coffee grinder to grind it into flour)
  • pinch of salt
  • 1 tbs. olive oil
  • 1-2 tbs. of  water depending on consistency
Preheat the oven to 400F.  In a bowl mix the buckwheat flour, salt, olive oil and 1 tbs. of water and stir.  If the flour is too dry add a little bit of water stirring at the same time until the dough sticks together but is still moldable.  It may take several attempts to find the right consistency.  I don't ever measure anything I just keep mixing till it feels right.  On a backing sheet (I use a stone pizza pan)  put olive oil and spread it around.  Place the dough on the sheet and using some wax paper if you'd like roll out the dough so that it is 1/8 inch to 1/4 inch thick.  Slice the dough into squares or triangles then place in the oven.  I cook my crackers for 14-16 min depending on the consistency of the dough and how crunchy I want the crackers.  Once they are done, take them out and let them cool a while, then enjoy.

Sometimes I put garlic powder (making sure the only ingredient is garlic) and then I can top with cheese.  Also the amount of olive oil will determine how crispy they are.  The best thing about this recipe is you can always modify how much you make and what you put in it.  The only problem is  that these crackers are so addicting I can sometimes give myself a stomach ache eating too many so if you make some be sure to have a friend to help you eat them.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment