Monday, May 14, 2012

Pineapple (Hawaiian) Chicken

Ingredients:

Fresh Ginger minced or sliced very thin
Chicken (whatever sections you prefer)
1 Can of pineapple (I prefer Chunks)
Turmeric
Olive oil
Garlic
Salt
Pepper

This is best done in a slow-cooker, but since I don't own one, I use a large pot.  I start by boiling the chicken pieces in water with the fresh ginger, salt, pepper, and garlic.  After the outside of the chicken begins to turn white I add the whole can of pineapple, juice and all, a little bit of olive oil, and a dash or two of turmeric.  I usually let the whole thing cook for about 40 mins.  The longer the chicken cooks the better it will taste.  When the meat starts to fall off the bone is when I turn the heat off.  I prefer to take all the bones out, but it doesn't really matter.  While the chicken is cooking I prepare 1 cup of buckwheat groats.  When everything is done, I serve the chicken over buckwheat.  This is a great meal when it's cold outside.

You may also want to try baking this in the oven.  I haven't tried it but I bet it'd be delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment